Our Very Own Spot

Monday, July 30, 2007

Yes, I'm leaving Portland. I'm really sad about it. Really sad. It's harder than leaving Colorado to come out here was for me. I just don't feel quite... done... with Portland yet, I don't know. I love this city. And I'm going to miss Valerie and fam SO MUCH.

But I'm in my last year of school, and this year means rotational externships. Which mean I'm now working as an optometrist, but paying my school for the honor of doing so. No paychecks yet. I'm just finishing my "internal" rotation which was working at the clinics here run by our school. In two weeks I'm moving to Denver where I will work at a Lasik Center for a few months. In November I move up to Cheyenne, Wy (yeehaw!) to work at the VA hospital there. In February I'll pack up (again!) and move to St Louis, Mo to work at a contact lens and general practice clinic. Finally, FINALLY in May I'll graduate as Dr. Jo for real.

And then I'm done with school forever. Unless I decide I hate this and go back to law school or something. heh.

So I don't know, that's the short story. We all need to be better about posting updates, don't we?

I agree Maki, we require greater detail about the house. And photos too please.

And because I somehow feel the need to post a photo with my entry too, here's one of the lovely view from my current apartment, and Lucy-Lu as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

sooooo how is Denver going???

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home